Monday, May 14, 2007

The Past Old Monk

Its Thursday 10th May 2007, 11 AM, a peak working hour when a forwarded mail made me write this blog. To all those I report too, take a break.

Just a thought on, how my life was before I gave up boozing and smoke - fuming would be a better word for smoke (Not to impress anyone, in fact a sense of dashing hopes while writing this blog).

March 31st Friday 2006 was the last day when I said adios to both of my best pals or what can I call them. Part of life for almost 5 years. Today when I really look back, I do miss a lot.

Old Monk Rum + Lemon slice + Pepsi/Coke + Ice cubes

Old Monk Rum - It is kind of a form of the legendary "Som-ras", India's centuries old scriptures also known as "The drink of Gods and Lords". Just a Gyan. (To be True, affordable for a regular drinker like me)

Lemon - Just makes the Rum much more lighter.

Pepsi/Coke – Just to get that Sweet taste.

Ice cubes – Just gives that chilling effect to your upper lips, wow.

The first sip makes you a different man. The best part of the Rum, it doesn't give you the hangover. Next day morning you are up and running without a heavy head like many whiskies gives you.

There's always an occasion to celebrate with a drink but for me most of the days used to be an occasion. It’s just like a "whoop it up" attitude.

I feel I’m missing the arguments with my friends at 11 PM, those emotional songs at 12 PM, eating dried egg fried rice and curd rice at 1 AM. Alas, I'm also missing a puff of cigarette, the same cigarette that used to rotate till the last edge. Limitless things to tell but very tough to write.

Today, totally a different experience, when I look at people around me enjoying each and every sip of the drink, I really feel that I’m missing something. But that's what life is all about. I personally feel "Every person before coming to this earth has been given "n" number of barrels, for his entire life. But unluckily I feel myself that I dried the barrels quite early, in fact too early". (Heights of belief)

Someone reading this and drawing negative conclusions. Sorry, better get a check up. I always believed and still believe that "Consumption of Alcohol is injurious..."

2 comments:

Uramibushi said...

Good one

Unknown said...

Beauty is the eyes of the Beer Holder !! just a belief